I am saying this because I am feeling it, the pain of shattered dreams and painful strikes of failure. I'm on a conveyor belt going among various other "raw items" going into a big cutter. There is a restoring force by me but the belt is just too good. The cutter is still far far ahead. And the items who reach the cutter before the others are not cut. And yeah, in the path, there are various small cutters already fitted. The cutters leave you if you do what they like(they do so based on "knowledge")

I am really good at one topic but the cutters at now don't want that. So, I'm a dumb to them. The cutters always try to just slash me up and also the other "raw items". I don't know where the big cutter may open. Another same path probably, another big cutter probably. We're told that there is a huge cutter, the biggest of 'em all, waiting for us at probably the end of the race and it allows really small no. of "items". Nothing more than that we're told about it.

What I know doesn't "matter to the whole path". I'm lagging behind. I have been cut almost into half during the first path and still there is a long way up. They say those who are cut, are cut, into pieces to never return into on entity. What use of my knowledge when I cannot get saved from the cutters. I know things but of what use when other items know them better. I know them, okay but it doesn't matter if I don't pass the cutters. The item has all the specifications and if he fails at the cutter, it doesn't matter. He's been cut.

It's all about results. SOS.

Note by Kartik Sharma
5 years, 10 months ago

No vote yet
1 vote

Easy Math Editor

This discussion board is a place to discuss our Daily Challenges and the math and science related to those challenges. Explanations are more than just a solution — they should explain the steps and thinking strategies that you used to obtain the solution. Comments should further the discussion of math and science.

When posting on Brilliant:

• Use the emojis to react to an explanation, whether you're congratulating a job well done , or just really confused .
  • Ask specific questions about the challenge or the steps in somebody's explanation. Well-posed questions can add a lot to the discussion, but posting "I don't understand!" doesn't help anyone.
  • Try to contribute something new to the discussion, whether it is an extension, generalization or other idea related to the challenge.
  • Stay on topic — we're all here to learn more about math and science, not to hear about your favorite get-rich-quick scheme or current world events.

MarkdownAppears as
*italics* or _italics_ italics
**bold** or __bold__ bold

- bulleted
- list

• bulleted
  • list

1. numbered
2. list

1. numbered
  2. list
Note: you must add a full line of space before and after lists for them to show up correctly
paragraph 1

paragraph 2

paragraph 1

paragraph 2

[example link](https://brilliant.org)example link
> This is a quote
This is a quote
    # I indented these lines
    # 4 spaces, and now they show
    # up as a code block.

print "hello world"
# I indented these lines
# 4 spaces, and now they show
# up as a code block.

print "hello world"
MathAppears as
Remember to wrap math in \( ... \) or \[ ... \] to ensure proper formatting.
2 \times 3 2×3 2 \times 3
2^{34} 234 2^{34}
a_{i-1} ai1 a_{i-1}
\frac{2}{3} 23 \frac{2}{3}
\sqrt{2} 2 \sqrt{2}
\sum_{i=1}^3 i=13 \sum_{i=1}^3
\sin \theta sinθ \sin \theta
\boxed{123} 123 \boxed{123}

Comments

Too deep. Actually, a test or two don't really reflect your intelligence and yeah the amount of physics you used in this philosophical letter and the fact that you're a level 5 in all the subjects at just 15 is enough testimony to your genius Period

Krishna Ar - 5 years, 10 months ago

Thanks a lot! It means a lot. My life is truly a hysteresis curve.

Kartik Sharma - 5 years, 10 months ago

Lol, I had to google what that word meant. You are too much into jargon ,I guess. BTW, the outcomes of what examination made you to write this?

@Krishna Ar Not to mention them here. It was just a general thought whose roots can be extended to last year's GMO, of course. No success since then! :(

@Kartik Sharma Now, you're starting to be a hypocrite. You don't care about competitions, right? Do, you?

P.S: Did you get 18k from your school for getting 10/10 ?

@Krishna Ar Hypocrite? Well, yes. That may sound so but it's all about circumstances. Yep, I don't care about competitions. That electron on the top of your desk has some probability to be in a high potential state by coming out of that table and just changing the way your life goes. But do you care? No, nobody cares about changes. Nobody actually cares about "exceptions"(oh yeah, all the JEE aspirants will kill me now by telling "their story with Chemistry"). So, you do the exceptional(like radioactive materials do), get the praise(and fame) and then? You're excluded from the books as exceptions.

P.S. 18k? Not yet. In October-November.

@Kartik Sharma Now, you should be happy to consider yourself as an exception and I'm surprised to see that you have started taking JEE seriously.

@Krishna Ar "Now, you should be happy to consider yourself as an exception and I'm surprised to see that you have started taking JEE seriously."

Don't you think these 2 phrases contradict each other? What d'ya think?

@Kartik Sharma Well, they DONT. You might consider yourself an exception since you're unlike many other 15 y/o's who arent so much into Math and Phy. yet you may have started taking JEE seriously, which is precisely what is happening/ has happened.

@Sandeep Bhardwaj

Problem Loading...

Note Loading...

Set Loading...