Apple September 2014 Special Event

Apple September 2014 Special Event\Large{\textbf{Apple September 2014 Special Event}}

iPhone 6

Bigger than bigger

Yesterday, Apple CEO Tim Cook introduced two new iPhones at the September 2014 Special Event held at the Flint Center for the Performing Arts in Cupertino. Apple's choice of the historic site - where Steve Jobs launched the first Apple Macintosh computer in 1984 - was a sign that something big would be announced.

iPhone 6 isn’t simply bigger — it’s better in every way. Larger, yet dramatically thinner. More powerful, but remarkably power efficient. With a smooth metal surface that seamlessly meets the new Retina HD display. It’s one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that’s better by any measure.

Tech Specs

Display: The iPhone 6 has an all-new 4.7-inch (diagonal) Retina HD display with a 1334-by-750-pixel resolution at 326 ppi while the iPhone 6 Plus is equipped with an impressive 5.5-inch (diagonal) Retina HD Display, compared to the smaller 4-inch (diagonal) display of the iPhone 5S.

Weight and Dimensions: Both iPhones are thinner than the iPhone 5S, with the iPhone 6 being 6.9 mm thin and the iPhone 6 Plus being 7.1 mm thin.

Finish: Similar to the iPhone 5S, both iPhones come in silver, gold and space gray finishes.

The most impressive innovation by Apple was Apple Pay, which allows consumers to purchase goods by virtue of Touch ID without having to whip out their credit cards/debit cards. Guess what, McDonalds will be one of the first stores to have the software installed in every single one of their retail stores all over the US by the end of the year!

ONE MORE THING.

It was Tim Cook's first time using Steve Jobs' trademark, which he used to introduce another product. Apple revealed a brand-new Apple Watch. It comes packed with features and is easy to use. To find out more about the Apple Watch as well as the iPhone 6, please visit apple.com.

I hope you found this interesting :)

Note by Victor Loh
6 years, 9 months ago

No vote yet
1 vote

Easy Math Editor

This discussion board is a place to discuss our Daily Challenges and the math and science related to those challenges. Explanations are more than just a solution — they should explain the steps and thinking strategies that you used to obtain the solution. Comments should further the discussion of math and science.

When posting on Brilliant:

• Use the emojis to react to an explanation, whether you're congratulating a job well done , or just really confused .
  • Ask specific questions about the challenge or the steps in somebody's explanation. Well-posed questions can add a lot to the discussion, but posting "I don't understand!" doesn't help anyone.
  • Try to contribute something new to the discussion, whether it is an extension, generalization or other idea related to the challenge.
  • Stay on topic — we're all here to learn more about math and science, not to hear about your favorite get-rich-quick scheme or current world events.

MarkdownAppears as
*italics* or _italics_ italics
**bold** or __bold__ bold

- bulleted
- list

• bulleted
  • list

1. numbered
2. list

1. numbered
  2. list
Note: you must add a full line of space before and after lists for them to show up correctly
paragraph 1

paragraph 2

paragraph 1

paragraph 2

[example link](https://brilliant.org)example link
> This is a quote
This is a quote
    # I indented these lines
    # 4 spaces, and now they show
    # up as a code block.

print "hello world"
# I indented these lines
# 4 spaces, and now they show
# up as a code block.

print "hello world"
MathAppears as
Remember to wrap math in \( ... \) or \[ ... \] to ensure proper formatting.
2 \times 3 2×3 2 \times 3
2^{34} 234 2^{34}
a_{i-1} ai1 a_{i-1}
\frac{2}{3} 23 \frac{2}{3}
\sqrt{2} 2 \sqrt{2}
\sum_{i=1}^3 i=13 \sum_{i=1}^3
\sin \theta sinθ \sin \theta
\boxed{123} 123 \boxed{123}

Comments

Apple rox

Sam Sung - 6 years, 9 months ago

But you are Sam-Sung?!

Satvik Golechha - 6 years, 9 months ago

LOL! What a Troll!!

Krishna Ar - 6 years, 9 months ago

Apple Pay and the Smart watch are things to watch out for :)

Krishna Ar - 6 years, 9 months ago

I was up watching it at night. The Apple Launch. Bad video quality though.

Sharky Kesa - 6 years, 9 months ago

My parents turned off the WiFi because they knew I was going to watch it...

Victor Loh - 6 years, 9 months ago

My parents didn't even know about it. It was 3 in the morning when it was streamed.

Sharky Kesa - 6 years, 9 months ago

@Sharky Kesa It was 1 am in SG.

Victor Loh - 6 years, 9 months ago

Some guys at 9gag say that Nexus had all those features since 2012 already...

Agnishom Chattopadhyay - 6 years, 9 months ago

Iphone, iwatch and ios 8

Sam Sung - 6 years, 9 months ago

I don't really like it. The design seems like a typical non-Apple product to me. Of course, I'm not one to talk since I don't even have a phone.. And then the smart watch, everything that a fitness monitor could do - now with time!

Justin Wong - 6 years, 9 months ago

Problem Loading...

Note Loading...

Set Loading...