Bug Report.

I recently submitted a problem Oscillating wire that doesn't appear on my or my followers' homepage. But it works through the link.

Also, the notification emails I get are being shifted by a huge time lag. The emails that were to come yesterday have appeared today. Please help!

Note by Jatin Yadav
7 years, 2 months ago

No vote yet
1 vote

Easy Math Editor

This discussion board is a place to discuss our Daily Challenges and the math and science related to those challenges. Explanations are more than just a solution — they should explain the steps and thinking strategies that you used to obtain the solution. Comments should further the discussion of math and science.

When posting on Brilliant:

• Use the emojis to react to an explanation, whether you're congratulating a job well done , or just really confused .
  • Ask specific questions about the challenge or the steps in somebody's explanation. Well-posed questions can add a lot to the discussion, but posting "I don't understand!" doesn't help anyone.
  • Try to contribute something new to the discussion, whether it is an extension, generalization or other idea related to the challenge.
  • Stay on topic — we're all here to learn more about math and science, not to hear about your favorite get-rich-quick scheme or current world events.

MarkdownAppears as
*italics* or _italics_ italics
**bold** or __bold__ bold

- bulleted
- list

• bulleted
  • list

1. numbered
2. list

1. numbered
  2. list
Note: you must add a full line of space before and after lists for them to show up correctly
paragraph 1

paragraph 2

paragraph 1

paragraph 2

[example link](https://brilliant.org)example link
> This is a quote
This is a quote
    # I indented these lines
    # 4 spaces, and now they show
    # up as a code block.

print "hello world"
# I indented these lines
# 4 spaces, and now they show
# up as a code block.

print "hello world"
MathAppears as
Remember to wrap math in \( ... \) or \[ ... \] to ensure proper formatting.
2 \times 3 2×3 2 \times 3
2^{34} 234 2^{34}
a_{i-1} ai1 a_{i-1}
\frac{2}{3} 23 \frac{2}{3}
\sqrt{2} 2 \sqrt{2}
\sum_{i=1}^3 i=13 \sum_{i=1}^3
\sin \theta sinθ \sin \theta
\boxed{123} 123 \boxed{123}

Comments

Yes, the notifications are indeed time lagging! Moreover, I cannot access Brilliant for some reason..when I go to Brilliant on Google Chrome, it just keeps loading...I get lucky sometimes that I can access it (this is the truth)

Anish Puthuraya - 7 years, 2 months ago

Another thing that I would like to ask is that whether the submitted problem can be made rated after submitting ?

Snehal Shekatkar - 7 years, 2 months ago

I don't think so.

Mardokay Mosazghi - 7 years, 2 months ago

Problems in which you declare a topic and level, will be assigned a tentative rating. Once we become certain of it, the rating will be declared.

We are working on allowing members to declare the topic and level after the problem has been published, which will allow the rating system to kick in. This might take a while, so the best approach would be to check that you have assigned a topic and level initially.

Calvin Lin Staff - 7 years, 2 months ago

even my notifications are lagging by 12-13 hours

Harsh Depal - 7 years, 2 months ago

The most likely reason is that you chose to "post to a set", in which case we reduce duplication by not posting it into your feed. This allows you to create a set slowly over time, without releasing out all of the problems and notes to your followers.

Image Image

We will look into the notification emails. Thanks for alerting us to that.

Calvin Lin Staff - 7 years, 2 months ago

Problem Loading...

Note Loading...

Set Loading...