Congratulations to Mursalin Habib on getting to 100 days!

Hi all,

I'd just like to recognize Mursalin Habib's landmark achievement of being active in Brilliant.org or 100 days straight! I do not know if he is the first, or if others has done it already, because I do not have everyone friended, but regardless, it is still an achievement worth celebrating.

Good job Mursalin! I suggest following him; he creates some very good posts.

Runner up in my friends list is Vincent Huang with 94 days. Still 6 more days to go...

~Daniel Liu

EDIT: Ammar Fathin Sabili I heard also has reached over 100 days in a row (thanks Cole Coupland). Congrats to him too!

#Brilliant #Brilliant.org #Yay #Achievements

Note by Daniel Liu
7 years, 3 months ago

No vote yet
1 vote

Easy Math Editor

This discussion board is a place to discuss our Daily Challenges and the math and science related to those challenges. Explanations are more than just a solution — they should explain the steps and thinking strategies that you used to obtain the solution. Comments should further the discussion of math and science.

When posting on Brilliant:

• Use the emojis to react to an explanation, whether you're congratulating a job well done , or just really confused .
  • Ask specific questions about the challenge or the steps in somebody's explanation. Well-posed questions can add a lot to the discussion, but posting "I don't understand!" doesn't help anyone.
  • Try to contribute something new to the discussion, whether it is an extension, generalization or other idea related to the challenge.
  • Stay on topic — we're all here to learn more about math and science, not to hear about your favorite get-rich-quick scheme or current world events.

MarkdownAppears as
*italics* or _italics_ italics
**bold** or __bold__ bold

- bulleted
- list

• bulleted
  • list

1. numbered
2. list

1. numbered
  2. list
Note: you must add a full line of space before and after lists for them to show up correctly
paragraph 1

paragraph 2

paragraph 1

paragraph 2

[example link](https://brilliant.org)example link
> This is a quote
This is a quote
    # I indented these lines
    # 4 spaces, and now they show
    # up as a code block.

print "hello world"
# I indented these lines
# 4 spaces, and now they show
# up as a code block.

print "hello world"
MathAppears as
Remember to wrap math in \( ... \) or \[ ... \] to ensure proper formatting.
2 \times 3 2×3 2 \times 3
2^{34} 234 2^{34}
a_{i-1} ai1 a_{i-1}
\frac{2}{3} 23 \frac{2}{3}
\sqrt{2} 2 \sqrt{2}
\sum_{i=1}^3 i=13 \sum_{i=1}^3
\sin \theta sinθ \sin \theta
\boxed{123} 123 \boxed{123}

Comments

Did you guy's see this problem?

For your streak guys

I thought it was pretty funny. You should save it for a hard day, when you really need it.

Peter Taylor Staff - 7 years, 3 months ago

What I did was to do 1 prealgebra problem in the practice section a day, but making sure never to pass any of the topics.

Ryan Soedjak - 7 years, 3 months ago

Ammar Fathin Sabili also reached it 3 days ago and he is now at 103. Trevor B is also pretty close to getting there at 72. Its hard to keep going for so long with school work and not miss a single day.

Cole Coupland - 7 years, 3 months ago

Thanks, Daniel! I never expected to see a post like this in my feed today!

Recently I haven't been as active on Brilliant as I was before. I am currently caught up with a lot of school work. So I haven't posted something in a while.

When you have a streak for a significant amount of days, it's hard for you to let it go. For the last couple of days, I have been turning on my computer for 5 minutes just to solve a problem (mainly from lower levels because I don't have a lot of time) on Brilliant so that I don't lose my streak.

I promise to be more active on Brilliant once my exam's over.

Once again, thanks everyone!

Mursalin Habib - 7 years, 3 months ago

Same with me!! My exams are from 3rd March to 15th March...

Shabarish Ch - 7 years, 3 months ago

Congratulations Mursalin! Good look on your exams. We always look forward to the things you write, and appreciate your dedication to Brilliant.

If you want to see something absurd, check out Enrique in my following list:

absurdstreak absurdstreak

Out of curiosity, how long has it been since streaks were implemented? I tried to do a problem a day to have a continuous streak, but I missed a day after about a month and gave up.

Trevor B. - 7 years, 3 months ago

I think since September 22nd 2013. Not 100% certain, but in that ballpark.

@Peter Taylor That makes sense, because 157157 days ago was September 22!22!

Trevor B. - 7 years, 3 months ago

I commented on another thing of yours, and I wanted to know if there could ever possibly be a leaderboard for most solved, most followers, etc.. Do you think that's possible? And also, what "place" am I in in terms of followers? Thanks! Also, check out Jing Hao Pang. He's at 140 or something. Hey, why aren't you following me?

Finn Hulse - 7 years, 3 months ago

You have 309 followers at the moment of this post. If you ask me for a prediction, I would say around 10th place to 20th place. Not including "Best of" accounts, of course :P

Daniel Liu - 7 years, 3 months ago

@Daniel Liu Hey, thanks bro! You aren't doing too badly yourself! :D

I just reached 100 days in a row today. Thanks to all of the problem writers who have allowed me to solve a bunch of problems to get here. Congratulations to everyone who has achieved 100 days before me, and here's the best of luck to those who will get it in the future!

Trevor B. - 7 years, 2 months ago

I was about to reach 29 days, but then I was busy at MathCounts.... Streak lost to the max.

Kevin Mo - 7 years, 3 months ago

Oh yeah, you were preparing for that a while back. How did it go? I made 5th at regionals :( but I made States for VA which is really tough. :D

Oh hey, do you know Akshaj K? He's also from VA (met him at Nationals).

Probably one of the top 10 most famous AoPSers ever. * whistle *

But you can live on knowing that you are much more famous than him on Brilliant.org ^_^

Daniel Liu - 7 years, 3 months ago

A problem with me..... I log on to brilliant after school, about the same time everyday. But lets say one day I opened it at 3 in noon, and the other day I was late by 10 minutes or so.........All the streak gone.

Satvik Golechha - 7 years, 3 months ago

If you did a problem on Feb 1st 3pm, Feb 2nd 5pm, Feb 3rd 9pm, Feb 4 10am, then you would have a streak of 4 days.

Streaks do not require your problem to be done "within the next 24 hours", to account for an individual having different daily schedules.

Calvin Lin Staff - 7 years, 3 months ago

Technically, I should be able to complete 2 days if I do one sum on Feb 1st 10am and one on Feb 2nd 6am(I hav school) IST, But it did not happen. I don't have full 24 hr access to the internet. I think, streaks are based on US time zones. I want to know why are the days not according to different time zones?

Rishabh Raj - 7 years, 3 months ago

@Rishabh Raj The system is rather complicated but it should mostly work in a way that allows flexibility:

1. The system keeps track of your start time and end time
  2. start time is not set to the actual time your streak started, but midnight (00:00am) the day you started your streak (midnight in your local timezone which you can change here: https://brilliant.org/profile/selecttimezone/) (Note that the streak emails that usually get sent out automatically, usually go out within a an hour or two of the new day so as long as you solve a problem within 22 hours or so of the when the email is sent (should be the same time roughly every day), your streak should be extended). You can also view how long until the current day ends in the "Problems tried" section on your stats page.
  3. Once start time is set, it does not change (so that nobody can cheat and extend their streak by changing your timezone after the streak begins).
  4. When you solve a problem, end time is updated (to the actual time) and if the streak is still current it will not update start time . If your streak is not current, it will update the start time according the the rules explained in 2.
  5. A streak is current if you've solved a problem since yesterday's midnight (based off of the offset implicitly stored in the start time)

This means (if you set your timezone properly before your streak started) if you solved a problem at 5am one day and 11pm the next day (42 hours apart) it would correctly keep you on your streak.

This also means if you solved one problem at 1am, another at 11pm the same evening that would be considered "the same day" and you would lose your streak if you next solved a problem at 1am, 26 hours after you solved the problem at 11pm.

PS: If you are on a streak of more than 10 days and it's set up so that your "day ends" at an inconvenient time: one time only, you can email sam@brilliant.org with a link to your profile (example: https://brilliant.org/profile/rishabh-733qk0/feed/) and I will manually change it (Just first update your timezone properly as listed in the following paragraph).

And you are encouraged to update your timezone (whether you take me up on the offer to update your streak start or not): https://brilliant.org/profile/selecttimezone/

[edited on April 25, 2016 to reflect the fact that we now end streaks at midnight local time rather than 4am in order to provide consistency with the "Problems tried" chart on your stats page. (streaks started before this post will continue to end at 4am local time until the streak ends and a new one begins)]

Sam Solomon Staff - 7 years, 3 months ago

I believe 100 days streak is a great achievement but anyone can achieve that if you can restrict yourself from not solving many sums and solving one sum per day. he!

Banfig Teure - 7 years, 3 months ago

But one does require immense dedication to visit brilliant every day for 100 days..

Shabarish Ch - 7 years, 3 months ago

Yeah thats true

Banfig Teure - 7 years, 3 months ago

:D

pebrudal zanu - 7 years, 3 months ago

I had 448 days in terms of streak from November of 2014 up to February 6, 2016

Kevin Silva - 5 years, 4 months ago

Problem Loading...

Note Loading...

Set Loading...