Help please

Hi! I am Aakash . I have been posting many problems on Brilliant but unfortunately they are not rated, which reduces their their popularity. I know many who post problems but are not rated. Please give suggestions to how to put light on this topic so that \staff\staff members could see.

Note by Aakash Khandelwal
5 years, 3 months ago

No vote yet
1 vote

Easy Math Editor

This discussion board is a place to discuss our Daily Challenges and the math and science related to those challenges. Explanations are more than just a solution — they should explain the steps and thinking strategies that you used to obtain the solution. Comments should further the discussion of math and science.

When posting on Brilliant:

• Use the emojis to react to an explanation, whether you're congratulating a job well done , or just really confused .
  • Ask specific questions about the challenge or the steps in somebody's explanation. Well-posed questions can add a lot to the discussion, but posting "I don't understand!" doesn't help anyone.
  • Try to contribute something new to the discussion, whether it is an extension, generalization or other idea related to the challenge.
  • Stay on topic — we're all here to learn more about math and science, not to hear about your favorite get-rich-quick scheme or current world events.

MarkdownAppears as
*italics* or _italics_ italics
**bold** or __bold__ bold

- bulleted
- list

• bulleted
  • list

1. numbered
2. list

1. numbered
  2. list
Note: you must add a full line of space before and after lists for them to show up correctly
paragraph 1

paragraph 2

paragraph 1

paragraph 2

[example link](https://brilliant.org)example link
> This is a quote
This is a quote
    # I indented these lines
    # 4 spaces, and now they show
    # up as a code block.

print "hello world"
# I indented these lines
# 4 spaces, and now they show
# up as a code block.

print "hello world"
MathAppears as
Remember to wrap math in \( ... \) or \[ ... \] to ensure proper formatting.
2 \times 3 2×3 2 \times 3
2^{34} 234 2^{34}
a_{i-1} ai1 a_{i-1}
\frac{2}{3} 23 \frac{2}{3}
\sqrt{2} 2 \sqrt{2}
\sum_{i=1}^3 i=13 \sum_{i=1}^3
\sin \theta sinθ \sin \theta
\boxed{123} 123 \boxed{123}

Comments

The way a problem gets rated is as follows:
1. The problem creator or moderator gives it an initial seed level. We state that it is "Level pending (100 points)".
2. The community works on the problem.
3. After enough people have worked on it and we have become more confident that the rating is accurate, we will release the level of the problem.

As a problem writer, you can help your problems get ratings by:
1. Providing a seed level when you initially create the problem
2. Make the problem interesting for others to engage with.

Calvin Lin Staff - 5 years, 3 months ago

Thank you sir. I will try and follow as you suggested.

Aakash Khandelwal - 5 years, 3 months ago

But sir , what about the problems posted months before and not rated yet

Aakash Khandelwal - 5 years, 3 months ago

@Aakash Khandelwal For problems that become popular, we will give it an initial seed level. There are some exceptions like trollish problems, or (for now) problems in biology. Moderators / staff do not add seed levels to every single problem that was written.

These problems will still appear unrated until a sufficient number of people have then worked on it.

If you posted problems from months ago and there are no seed levels given, this indicates that the problem wasn't interesting to the community.

Looking at your problems, I see that most of them have < 15 solvers. I recommend that you improve the presentation of the problem to make it interesting to the community. See here for suggestions.

Calvin Lin Staff - 5 years, 3 months ago

@Calvin Lin But Sir according to me a problem is to be rated according to the level of thinking needed to solve it , and not the presentation.

But according to your suggestion I've used latex. I didn't knew latexlatex then but that does not mean that I'll not get solution of problems of which I know the answers. I think this was the basic cause behind posting problems and joining Brilliant.

But now I know latex, so I'll try to make my problems more good looking.

Seeking your further advice.

Aakash Khandelwal - 5 years, 2 months ago

@Calvin Lin Sir how can I amend the answer of the question after I've posted a question

Aakash Khandelwal - 5 years, 2 months ago

Problem Loading...

Note Loading...

Set Loading...