JOMO 1 Begins!

Hi everyone, this is a tiny bit late, but JOMO 1 started 12 hours ago. You can participate by going on this website and going to the contests tab. The competition ends next monday at 00:00 GMT, so you have plenty of time! Good luck to everyone who is joining!

#JOMO

Note by Yan Yau Cheng
7 years, 4 months ago

No vote yet
1 vote

Easy Math Editor

This discussion board is a place to discuss our Daily Challenges and the math and science related to those challenges. Explanations are more than just a solution — they should explain the steps and thinking strategies that you used to obtain the solution. Comments should further the discussion of math and science.

When posting on Brilliant:

• Use the emojis to react to an explanation, whether you're congratulating a job well done , or just really confused .
  • Ask specific questions about the challenge or the steps in somebody's explanation. Well-posed questions can add a lot to the discussion, but posting "I don't understand!" doesn't help anyone.
  • Try to contribute something new to the discussion, whether it is an extension, generalization or other idea related to the challenge.
  • Stay on topic — we're all here to learn more about math and science, not to hear about your favorite get-rich-quick scheme or current world events.

MarkdownAppears as
*italics* or _italics_ italics
**bold** or __bold__ bold

- bulleted
- list

• bulleted
  • list

1. numbered
2. list

1. numbered
  2. list
Note: you must add a full line of space before and after lists for them to show up correctly
paragraph 1

paragraph 2

paragraph 1

paragraph 2

[example link](https://brilliant.org)example link
> This is a quote
This is a quote
    # I indented these lines
    # 4 spaces, and now they show
    # up as a code block.

print "hello world"
# I indented these lines
# 4 spaces, and now they show
# up as a code block.

print "hello world"
MathAppears as
Remember to wrap math in \( ... \) or \[ ... \] to ensure proper formatting.
2 \times 3 2×3 2 \times 3
2^{34} 234 2^{34}
a_{i-1} ai1 a_{i-1}
\frac{2}{3} 23 \frac{2}{3}
\sqrt{2} 2 \sqrt{2}
\sum_{i=1}^3 i=13 \sum_{i=1}^3
\sin \theta sinθ \sin \theta
\boxed{123} 123 \boxed{123}

Comments

Nice questions.

Soham Dibyachintan - 7 years, 4 months ago

For some odd reason, I can't view the problems. Whenever I open the file, the loading icon just freezes at one spot. Perhaps, post the problems as a normal PDF file. Somebody help!

Mark Mottian - 7 years, 4 months ago

Do you have email? I could send it to you through email.

I couldn't upload it as a pdf because i am using wix.com to make my website and they have some limit on the amount of memory that i can store on my account so i decided to upload it on google drive and then link it to my website, if anyone else can't open it can you just leave your email here and i will send it to you?

Yan Yau Cheng - 7 years, 4 months ago

My email: mark.mottian@cybersmart.co.za

Thanks again!

Mark Mottian - 7 years, 4 months ago

where can we submit our answers??

Prasad Nikam - 7 years, 4 months ago

write your answers on a pdf and then send it to the email: jr.onlinematholympiad@gmail.com

In the third problem, does order of toppings matter?

Jubayer Nirjhor - 7 years, 4 months ago

nope, it does not matter

can i get a pdf copy of the question paper, please? i think i am late even for the 8th version of the exam. can't even try to study all this, exams at stone's throw. just collecting for holidays and vacations. if you could send it by mail then - gopalanipulkit1@gmail.com

pulkit gopalani - 6 years, 9 months ago

You can find all the past question papers here.

Jubayer Nirjhor - 6 years, 9 months ago

the page not working, 404. anyways, i got the papers from the site itself. thanks for answering.

pulkit gopalani - 6 years, 9 months ago

Problem Loading...

Note Loading...

Set Loading...