Questions? [Angela's Messageboard]

Hi everyone, I've been here on Brilliant since December 2014 and this is my very first note. Ask me anything you want and I'll try to answer it. Thanks for my 11 followers and I hope to get more followers. I'll be more active in Brilliant and share problems and more notes, hopefully, in the near future. Thanks.

Comment here if you want a note or a question about a certain topic. I'm open to any suggestions. With every 10 followers, starting with my future 20th follower, I'll post a special question, so stay tuned everyone!!!.

(Updates regarding my number of followers will be posted as a comment and may be done once a week or once per two weeks. On every update on the number of my followers, there will be a fun fact. The number of facts may depend on the number of my new followers but even if there are no new followers, I'll still post facts)

Well it is the time for Christmas Vacation so, Here I am again with lots of new problems and even a set. So check it out now! :). The link is in the comments section below or just have a look at my profile and check my other problems. :D

I've decided that I'll make 2016 problems for the year 2016. Please suggest topics, etc. for my future problems. Please comment it here: Suggestions?. Thanks :D

Here is the set: 2016 Problems

Here is the new messageboard: Questions? [Angela's Messageboard]

#Note

Note by Angela Fajardo
6 years, 2 months ago

No vote yet
1 vote

Easy Math Editor

This discussion board is a place to discuss our Daily Challenges and the math and science related to those challenges. Explanations are more than just a solution — they should explain the steps and thinking strategies that you used to obtain the solution. Comments should further the discussion of math and science.

When posting on Brilliant:

• Use the emojis to react to an explanation, whether you're congratulating a job well done , or just really confused .
  • Ask specific questions about the challenge or the steps in somebody's explanation. Well-posed questions can add a lot to the discussion, but posting "I don't understand!" doesn't help anyone.
  • Try to contribute something new to the discussion, whether it is an extension, generalization or other idea related to the challenge.
  • Stay on topic — we're all here to learn more about math and science, not to hear about your favorite get-rich-quick scheme or current world events.

MarkdownAppears as
*italics* or _italics_ italics
**bold** or __bold__ bold

- bulleted
- list

• bulleted
  • list

1. numbered
2. list

1. numbered
  2. list
Note: you must add a full line of space before and after lists for them to show up correctly
paragraph 1

paragraph 2

paragraph 1

paragraph 2

[example link](https://brilliant.org)example link
> This is a quote
This is a quote
    # I indented these lines
    # 4 spaces, and now they show
    # up as a code block.

print "hello world"
# I indented these lines
# 4 spaces, and now they show
# up as a code block.

print "hello world"
MathAppears as
Remember to wrap math in \( ... \) or \[ ... \] to ensure proper formatting.
2 \times 3 2×3 2 \times 3
2^{34} 234 2^{34}
a_{i-1} ai1 a_{i-1}
\frac{2}{3} 23 \frac{2}{3}
\sqrt{2} 2 \sqrt{2}
\sum_{i=1}^3 i=13 \sum_{i=1}^3
\sin \theta sinθ \sin \theta
\boxed{123} 123 \boxed{123}

Comments

Hi Angela, how do you like your experience on Brilliant so far?

Calvin Lin Staff - 6 years, 2 months ago

Ever since I joined Brilliant on December 2014, I've met so many interesting problems which I didn't even understood and knew how to solve. But thanks to Brilliant, little by little, I am able to learn how to solve problems which I didn't knew before, I am able to meet interesting people who have a very wide understanding of Math and can share unique problems. Brilliant is a very brilliant site. Thanks for the efforts of the Staff and the people in the Brilliant community.

Angela Fajardo - 6 years, 2 months ago

That's great to hear. I'm glad to know that you're improving your abilities as you work on (and wrestle) with these interesting problems.

I love the Brilliant community, and I am constantly amazed by their contributions and willingness to help others.

Calvin Lin Staff - 6 years, 2 months ago

Updating the note:

I now have 19 followers, just one more for my special question. By the way, I've already posted 2 questions: Remember your Groups and Squares and Don't slide on the slope so check them out. And now for a fun fact: My full name has 25 letters (including my middle name). Stay tuned for more facts and problems

Okay, do you have a good, algebraic solution for this (NO GUESSING AND CHECKING!!!) Reshite uravnenie (solve the equation) logx9+loglogx2781=6\displaystyle \log_{x} 9 + \log_{\log_{x} 27} 81 = 6

Hobart Pao - 6 years, 2 months ago

Sorry for the late reply, I've been trying to figure this one out. I don't know how to solve logarithms (never even encountered it at school yet, I think my first encounter is here in Brilliant though I'm not sure) so I'm currently studying about logarithms.

But I think the value of x is 3. That is what I first thought after seeing the equation. Then after that, I saw the no guessing and checking part (I didn't got the meaning of it at first) so I tried to have a solution for the problem but since I'm still quite new with logarithms, here is what I have now though it's still incomplete.

Yes ! yay u learnt a new skill on brilliant.

Gautam Sharma - 6 years, 2 months ago

@Gautam Sharma But still, my solution is still incomplete and I don't have any idea what to do next. If possible, can you please give me hints on what to do next?

Updating the note:

I currently have 17 followers right now, Thanks everyone and for that, a fun fact about me, My age here is not real by the way and I am not from Los Banos, Philippines (that's what it says on my profile), I am from Santa Rosa, Laguna, Philippines (though I think it's about an hour and a half away by car if you travel.)

Do you like Carrots?

Agnishom Chattopadhyay - 6 years, 2 months ago

I think I like carrots since I don't dislike it and sometimes eat it. So, yeah. I like carrots.

Great, that is why I updated the title of your note. I hope you do not mind.

Agnishom Chattopadhyay - 6 years, 2 months ago

@Agnishom Chattopadhyay Thank you very much

I want to ask you why have you associated your fun fact sharing with the number of followers ?

P.S. : No. of followers will increase more fastly when you'll share more facts, problems, notes and solutions to the problems. It's a secret. Don't tell anyone. :P

@Angela Fajardo

Sandeep Bhardwaj - 6 years, 2 months ago

The questions which will be posted with every 10 followers are special questions and are unlike the regular questions which I will post very soon. Sharing of facts along with the update of the number of followers may be done once a week or once per two weeks since I am busy sometimes, but of course I make time for Brilliant. I can give many facts, not just because I need to update the number of my followers, but also because I want people on the Brilliant Community know me more. I just wrote that there so that people will know that updates will always come with facts. Thanks for the tip.

That's good to hear. I like it. Thanks.

Sandeep Bhardwaj - 6 years, 2 months ago

You intended it to keep as a secret which you yourself posted publicly, :P

Ashish Menon - 5 years, 2 months ago

Hi everyone, I've posted my very first question: Remember your Groups and Squares

This is my 2nd question: Don't slide on the slope

Well, that was very fast, I was about to post my 2nd update (the one with 19 followers) and suddenly someone followed me, making that person my 20th follower. Thanks everyone! and here it is my special problem: My Dog's Name , there's a lot of facts there if you didn't notice. And the fact for this update: I wear eyeglasses.

Hey!

Even I joined B'ant in December .

Do tell us your real age as your next fun fact !

So you are myopic right ?

A Former Brilliant Member - 6 years, 2 months ago

I've posted my update for the 22th follower. I mentioned you in the update if that's okay. My real age will be announced or in a special question which only comes with every 10th follower (I'm still deciding). I am myopic (also see the update). Thanks for the question.

Updating the note:

I now have 22 followers, thanks everyone. Azhaghu Roopesh M asked me if I am myopic, so these will be our facts for this update (my age will be revealed soon but here's a hint, I am younger than my age currently posted on my profile). I am myopic (nearsighted) and I've had eyeglasses since I think grade 2 or 3 (I'm not sure). It isn't because of my genes (I think) but I think it might be because of when I was still little, I used to borrow/watch my brother play on his gameboy, and continued as I grow up (playing computer, etc.). In other words, I am myopic.

I am sorry to say but I will be inactive for about 2 weeks starting April 15 or 16. But don't worry, I'll catch-up as soon as I return so it's okay to leave many questions or comments. Thanks everyone.

Hi everyone, I've posted my 4th question: Be Simple.

I've posted my 5th problem: Find your X.

Updating the note:

I now have 25 followers. Thanks everyone. And for the fact: I have a brother. He's about 7 years older then me. Well, I'll be starting to get more active once again so stay tuned for more problems and facts.

Angela Fajardo - 6 years, 1 month ago

Hi everyone. Sorry I am very inactive, I'm a highschool student. Here's a new problem: SO RADICAL. It's my 6th one.

Angela Fajardo - 5 years, 9 months ago

Updating the note:

I now have 30 followers, but I won't be posting a special question as of now due to certain things. Thanks everyone. And for the fact: Tomorrow (December 27) is my birthday :) . I am really sorry for being inactive.

Angela Fajardo - 5 years, 5 months ago

Happy Birthday, Angela!

Agnishom Chattopadhyay - 5 years, 5 months ago

Thanks Agnishom Chattopadhyay :D

Hey everyone, I've got a new problem to solve so Don't Get Confused

Hey everyone, here's another problem and my 2nd one today: Who Doesn't Have A Gold Coin

Hey everyone :) , I have my first set: Twelve Days of Christmas so check it out :D

Since I now have 33 followers (yay),I'm supposed to give a special question 3 followers ago. But this time, instead of a special question, I have a new set: 12 Days of Christmas And it is my very first set. Expect it to have 12 problems :D.

I also have other new problems beside those found in the set so make sure to check them out also :)

Why did u stop posting facts? :P

I was busy :(

Angela Fajardo - 5 years, 2 months ago

Lol, its OK

Problem Loading...

Note Loading...

Set Loading...