RATINGS

Today i solved a couple of ques. And after solving them it stated :

"YOUR USER SUBMITTED PENDING RATING GOES UP TO 1100"

Can someone pls explain what does this mean or what it has to do with my ratings..!

#Rating

Note by Vishal Sharma
7 years, 2 months ago

No vote yet
1 vote

Easy Math Editor

This discussion board is a place to discuss our Daily Challenges and the math and science related to those challenges. Explanations are more than just a solution — they should explain the steps and thinking strategies that you used to obtain the solution. Comments should further the discussion of math and science.

When posting on Brilliant:

• Use the emojis to react to an explanation, whether you're congratulating a job well done , or just really confused .
  • Ask specific questions about the challenge or the steps in somebody's explanation. Well-posed questions can add a lot to the discussion, but posting "I don't understand!" doesn't help anyone.
  • Try to contribute something new to the discussion, whether it is an extension, generalization or other idea related to the challenge.
  • Stay on topic — we're all here to learn more about math and science, not to hear about your favorite get-rich-quick scheme or current world events.

MarkdownAppears as
*italics* or _italics_ italics
**bold** or __bold__ bold

- bulleted
- list

• bulleted
  • list

1. numbered
2. list

1. numbered
  2. list
Note: you must add a full line of space before and after lists for them to show up correctly
paragraph 1

paragraph 2

paragraph 1

paragraph 2

[example link](https://brilliant.org)example link
> This is a quote
This is a quote
    # I indented these lines
    # 4 spaces, and now they show
    # up as a code block.

print "hello world"
# I indented these lines
# 4 spaces, and now they show
# up as a code block.

print "hello world"
MathAppears as
Remember to wrap math in \( ... \) or \[ ... \] to ensure proper formatting.
2 \times 3 2×3 2 \times 3
2^{34} 234 2^{34}
a_{i-1} ai1 a_{i-1}
\frac{2}{3} 23 \frac{2}{3}
\sqrt{2} 2 \sqrt{2}
\sum_{i=1}^3 i=13 \sum_{i=1}^3
\sin \theta sinθ \sin \theta
\boxed{123} 123 \boxed{123}

Comments

Hey vishal , it happens with me as well. It means that the problems you solved had no rating given by the users. So by solving them you will have no effect on your other subject wise ratings. My user submitted rating is 1205. What is your rating in algebra ?

Kushagra Sahni - 7 years, 2 months ago

Its 1700. But its the actual and not the user submitted.

Vishal Sharma - 7 years, 2 months ago

This is a website about the art and discipline of mathematics, and yet we're told that going from 1100 to 1100 is something that "goes up". Go figure.

Michael Mendrin - 7 years, 2 months ago

Exactly , I have also encountered this thing. When it says your rating has gone up from 'XYZ to XYZ' when it hasn't changed a bit. But I think it must have been the case as Calvin said that rating does increases but it shows us the rounded figure.

I just learned from Calvin that my ratings could go up fractionally, i.e., by less than 1, so it's possible that it's "gone up". Nevertheless, I believe that for unrated problems, solving them has no impact on your score or ratings.

Michael Mendrin - 7 years, 2 months ago

Thanks for replying...

So it appears that this user submitted rating is good for nothing.. What does it tell.. us

"User submitted pending" is out catch-all for problems with no topic selected.

It has no effects on your actual ratings, which is why it went from 1100 to 1100.

I will get that phrase hidden, to prevent future confusion.

Calvin Lin Staff - 7 years, 2 months ago

Thanks!!! I got it

And also I would like to ask about the unrated problems. There are quite a number of them. The problem is that even we solve quite a lot problems we do not get rewarded for them. I think that is really unfair for the person who gets the answer right.

Hence I 'd like to request you to pls make the rating of the problem compulsory for the people who post them...

Pls ponder over it... Thanks!!

Problem Loading...

Note Loading...

Set Loading...